- Last Updated on Friday, 04 October 2013 19:08
The 2010 Annual Meeting of the National Conference of Governor's Schools will be held October 7-9 in Charleston, West Virginia. The meeting will be hosted by the Governor's Schools of West Virginia. The theme of this year's Annual Meeting is simply Networking. As Governor's Schools work through their host states' fiscal challenges, they rely on program advocates to spread the word about the life-changing educational experience Governor's Schools offer to students. Networking takes advantage of programs' advocacy networks, and our Annual Meeting will focus on networking as advocacy. Read the .
Lodging and meeting space will be provided by the Charleston Marriott Town Center. Hotel bookings will be handled by the our host through the meeting registration process. Booking through the meeting registration process will enable attendees to avoid state and local taxes. The conference rate offered through meeting registration will be the fixed rate of $101/night. Registrations with room reservations must be received by September 16 to receive this fixed rate.
The Charleston Marriott Town Center offers complimentary shuttle service from the Charleston/Yeager (CRW) airport; simply use the courtesy phone at baggage claim to request shuttle service. The hotel is 7 miles from the airport and across the street from the Charleston Town Center Mail.
Conference Fees will be as follows:
- Conferees wishing to initiate or renew NCoGS membership: $150 + $101/night lodging
- Conferees who do not wish to become NCoGS members: $160 + 101/night lodging
NCoGS membership fees are as follows:
- $75 per person for the first two (2) members from a state or program;
- $25 per person for the third and subsequent members from a state or program.
Airlines serving Charleston/Yeager Airport are AirTran, American, Continental, Delta/Northwest, United and US Airways and United. The Marriott Charleston Town Center offers parking for a daily fee.
Thursday, October 7th
- 2- 4 p.m. Registration
- 5:15 p.m. Welcome to W.Va., Hospitality Room
- 5:40 Board vans 6 p.m. Dinner, Governor’s Mansion
- 7:30 p.m. Dessert reception and museum tour, Culture Center
Friday, October 8th
- 8 a.m. Breakfast, Main dining room
- 9 a.m. Welcome and Introductions
- 9:30 a.m. Playfair, Room #1
- 11 a.m. Roll Call, Room #1
- Noon Lunch, Room #2
- 1 p.m. Kettle Bottom, Room #1
- 2:15 p.m. Creating an Advocacy Toolbox, Room #1
- 3:30 p.m. Break
- 3:45 p.m. Multidisciplinary Integration, Room #1
- 4:15 p.m. Evaluation Findings, Room #1
- 5 p.m. Session Ends for Day
- 6:00 p.m. Dinner TBD
Saturday, October 9th
- 8:00 a.m. Breakfast, Main Dining Room
- 9:00 a.m. Collaborating for Success, Room #1
- 9:45 a.m. Making Ideas Reality, Room #1
- 11:15 Round Table Discussion
- Noon-1:00 p.m. Lunch, Room #2
- 1:00-2:30 p.m. Business Meeting and Wrap up, Room #1
- 3:00 p.m. Depart for Beckley Lobby
- 4:00 p.m. Exhibition Coal Mine Tour, Beckley, W.Va.
- 6:30 p.m. New River Gorge Bridge, Fayetteville, W.Va.
- 7:00 p.m. Dinner at Pies and Pints, Fayetteville, W. Va.
- 9:30 Return to Marriott